Thursday, March 29, 2018

2018 Shooting 4 Da Cure 8th Grade Division highlights stars of tomorrow


Had a chance to catch some talented players that will be entering HS next season at the Houston Lady Roadrunners Shooting 4 Da Cure in fact some are still in the 7th grade but you'd never know it as their talent is, how can I put this, ahead of the game. Here are some of the standouts, again I appreciate the rosters, I rarely do do-overs because my time is somewhat limited so here ya go

Jonesha Neal (Houston DC Queens 2022) having an older sister that's one of the top guards certainly couldn't hurt as she's been around the game for a long time but her BB-IQ and ability to not only run a team and make her teammates better however she can score almost at will, she's a 2023 BTW yet you'd never know it, HUGE UPSIDE

Mia Mitchell (Houston DC Queens 2026) Mitchell and Neal caught my eye 2 or 3 years ago and I said they were D1 locks back then so there's nothing I love better than saying "I told you so" and what Mitchell bring to the table is scary because her offensive skills are abundant, she plays the passing lane and "gets it"

Ameria Castillo (Lady Houston Angels) I really liked her game a few weeks ago but I loved what I saw in a short of span time. She never takes a play off, she loves to apply pressure and reads defenses and offenses but that first step is turning into something special as she can to the basket and finish strong

Rachel Coleman (Houston Elite Black) no matter what the setting, in a game, at a camp or down the stretch, she simply finds ways to impress me so I loved the range initially but her progression combined with her power enables her to do some important things, finish strong while taking contact, as well as rebounding on both ends



Tracey Matindu ( Texas Elite Warriors 2022 Travel) started off game on fire and in the first couple of minutes I had seen enough to know she's definitely be on here. The midrange game has turned into a lost art yet college coaches love it, it's a higher percentage shot than BTW yet less exciting but it goes in a lot more, so that with her athleticism and drive will create problems


Maurdaisha "Dai Dai" Powell (Skyrise Mike 2022) don't know if she's related to General Colin but she keeps adding stars as her game progresses. Long, athletic and has a knack for finding ways to get to the basket and score. Love her upside, midrange is coming along as well as her defensive intensity

Keely Cummings ( Skyrise Mike 2022) I saw her in the 3rd grade and asked her could she play, she said come and see and the first play she spun on the defender and hit a lay-up, looked over at me and smiled, haven't taken my eyes off of her  since, I can't make this stuff up! Fast forward to now, prototype point guard that truly understands the game, sets teammates up nicely for easy baskets yet can score if needed