Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Langham Creek loses Owens but nucleus is intact

This is a tough class going on and year after year it gets harder and harder but as happy as I am to see 2017 leave, several players, especially those I started covering on MS sort of tears me up to see them leave. Kayla Owens is one of those players and as she heads on to UCLA, I just have to take my hat off to the young lady who simply expanded her game to  become one of the most dominant players in not only area but Texas


Langham Creek will be in good hands with that sensational sophomore duo of Dyani Robinson and Briley Perkins as well as junior wing Dezi White who is "out of sight". Throw in Mariel Wade, some incoming freshmen and players moving up and the Lobos ain't done yet after reaching their first regional semis