Thursday, November 17, 2011

Texas Invitational From Sluggish To Sensational


I said the game of the day would be North Shore vs The Woodlands and one thing I hate is being wrong, especially when I'm not their to witness an upset, something I tweeted saying there were none, well maybe I was wrong about that as well. Mansfield Summit, featuring Ashley Eli, beat The Woodlands (55-53) and Pearland (54-23). This sets the stage for a showdown between North Shore, who lost to The Woodlands (50-44) however a Mustang win could create a three way tie to see who goes to the gold bracket in what appears to have been the toughest pool


Clear Springs put on a clinic today, well all day and the shooting exhibition I saw this morning, 14-19 from bta, with SEVEN different players dropping a three and Brooke McCarty leading the way with games of 22 and 31 points. They meet N Crowley to see who makes it to gold



AJ Alix, Bianca Winslow and Raven Burns are Bellaire's "Big Three". My first look at them in the regular season was exactly what I expected as they went 2-0 and meet Duncanville to see who goes to the gold. One problem is Winslow may not play, she went out early in first half with a bad cut on her knee.


Cy Falls Loryn Goodwin has landed quite well in the Eagles nest as she continues to impress. If Falls is clicking, few teams are in their league and their game against Desoto should be a barn burner, yes it's for gold.