Wednesday, November 9, 2011

HOUSTON-We Have A Problem


I think the last title from yesterday was "Let The Games and Upsets Begin" and to be honest with you, there was really only one upset and that was North Shore beating Dekaney. To be honest with you, I expected the game to get ugly and one thing I don't want to see is blowouts, gas is too high and my time is too valuable. Dekaney is one of the most athletic teams I have seen in the area, numerous next level players and a team I still feel that can go to state. With all that being said, this played a part in me not fighting the I-10 traffic along with North Shore losing 3 key players plus a freshman point guard, above, was being initiated against one of the top teams in the state


Most teams can't stay at the same level after taking a hit like North Shore took, after all they weren't deep to begin with last season but here's the deal and maybe you'll understand now why I called Courtney Williams the best player in the city last season. The first time I saw her was in middle school and I tagged her "The Truth". Why, because the only player in the area that can stop Courtney Williams is Courtney Williams and if she get's the mindset that she's the deal, well the race to Austin will tighten up even more and that's the truth!


Yes, this is the cheerleader pictured above and as I always say don't let the smiling faces fool you. Adriiana Jackson held her own, well that's evident by them pulling off the victory and now I'm faced with the dilemma of a catchy name for her, not to mention their victory has made me adjust my Friday schedule just to see them play Bellaire. The game starts at the ONE, always remember that!


Elsik traveled to Bellaire and before anyone get's the wrong idea, I'm a BIGTIME Ram fan and supporter from way back, followed them to Austin last season on my own dime and loved the heart they showed in doing what they did. I know rankings are just other folks opinions but again, you're not going to lose 3 key players from a team that wasn't deep to begin with and do the same thing, unless you have a Courtney Williams even though the "Big Three" may fool me down the stretch. With that being said, I heard Bianca Winslow was not playing but I also saw Bellaire play against St Pius without AJ"The Real Deal" Alix and it got ugly. Although Elsik stayed with Bellaire for most of the game, the Cardinals are just too strong. Bellaire went through a transition phase last season after assistant coach Rob Amboree headed up to Prairie View but they have a lot of gifted players who are in capable hands and like Clear Springs, they have everyone back, oh yeah, the game starts at the one and that's the real deal!



Cy Falls lost two starters and have three players with knee braces on the bench. They only lost two games last season and were one of the top teams in the state all of last season. The negatives might spell doom for most but  All-State transfer Loryn Goodwin showed me last night that the Eagles "Are In Good Hands" ! Get it? Allstate-Good hands, anyway, big story on the GPR website coming up on "The Falls" later today.


Before I forget, special shout out to Olivia Podaras from dropping 20 last night as Memorial lost to Klein Forest 47-46 and the good news is I will get to see those same two teams along with Barbers Hill, Makenzi May went off for 23 against Ike, in the Spring Branch ISD Tournament, as Cy Falls defends their title.

SCORES


The "UNRANKED" Woodlands and College Park, I see you and will see you in person Thursday at the Conroe Tournament