Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hightower Continues To Prophett


Hightower was my #2 team going into year. I'm sure many would question my logic since I make comparisons about losing key players along with my favorite saying " the game starts at the one" and true as all of that may be, there are always exceptions to the rule. Hightower had three D-1 players over 6'0, Taylor and Tyler Gilbert had already committed to the University of Houston and I knew Jasmine Prophett, above, would be on many college wish lists. That wish came true for McNeese State as JP signed on the last day of the early signing period.  I had a chance to see Hightower for the first time this weekend in the Fort Bend ISD Tournament and I watched her drop 3 threes as she has expanded her long range shooting to go along with her mid-range game, not to mention she's pretty darn good in the paint. Although Taylor Gilbert is out for the season, Hightower still has the most dominant inside player in the area in Tyler Gilbert and she and Jasmine will have a say in who the Region 3 representative will be.

The Prophett signing also brings the total up to 32 which is better than what I anticipated for early signing and halfway where I believe it will end up.