Monday, November 7, 2011

GPR Early Season Rodney Dangerfield Awards


After watching Jack Abramoff on 60 Minutes, surprise, I had a lot of thoughts going through my head. Before you think this is going intellectual, let me add I capped my evening with Real Housewives of Atlanta. There are several definitions for lobbying, I recall posting numerous threads about Taylor Schippers being left off of All Greater Houston teams and finally those in charge came to their senses and voila, Oklahoma State saw what she could do in spite of limited local recognition. The same can be said about Veja Hamilton, who in my opinion will probably graduate as the most underrated player to come out of the Houston area. Maybe her club coaches should have informed the local media on her accomplishments over the summer, everyone already knows what she brought to the table season after season, not to mention she just turned 16


Even more shocking is the fact that The Woodlands almost won their district last season, made it to the Elite 8 and have players capable of replacing players they lost and not be mentioned among the top teams, not only in the city, but the state. If you lose a dominant player, yeah I can see it and although sometimes there are gray areas, most of the time, especially in girl's basketball, this stuff is crystal clear. I love this picture with the WWW because I can come up with catchy phrases, so how about this one. WE WILL WIN!

Helen Gordon said it best :)