Friday, July 1, 2011

July Exposure Events "101" and those three letters



It's that time of year again for those players who want to leap above others and secure a scholarship to play at the next level. Remember to look at these exposure events like job interviews, especially if you have nothing on the table. Two very well written articles touch base on what I've preached for years and even though I don't agree with everything in either, the bottom line is to do your best.

The first article is about being ready for positive exposure and if you aren't, you will be exposed


The second is more for parents who may sometimes see something that truly isn't there


Like I said, I don't agree with everything and "if a girl can't force her way into the starting lineup by sophomore year, she's probably not going to be getting any money to play in college" is a perfect example of something I know isn't set in stone however I do agree with much of the article. One thing I always talk about is players working out on their own, away from practices and games and if you want an honest evaluation, contact me.




Last but not least, I wanted to close on those dreaded three letters, ACL. Several players have again gone down this season across the country, including GPR's area #2 player Curtyce Knox, however it's not the end of the world as it was in my day. My daughter tore her ACL on a freak accident before her sophomore season in college and it still worked out. Check out the link for more info