Saturday, July 30, 2011

Adidas Grand Finale

I always brag about Texas having so much talent and over the years I've proven myself correct however if you look hard enough, you will find it's everywhere and you only have to be able to recognize it. Since arriving in Oakland, I have seen so many sights that I won't shake from my memory off the court, it was good to see some talented players on the court and equally good to finally meet Clay Kallam



The inaugural event of the Grand Finale had close to 30 teams and over 50 schools represented from around the West Coast area and those coaches had a wide selection of players to choose from that could play at the next level



I walked in on a great game off the top against the Modesto Magic and JBS Elite which was tight through the end until the Magic'sVeAnne Navarro secured the win with 4 free throws down the stretch



Brianna Womack and 6'6 Jamie Curtis are two of the top players from JBS. Womack is a smart player with a nice stroke and didn't mind sacrificing her body on defense. Curtis is raw however she is from the Class of 2013 and being 6'6 is definitely something to work with