Saturday, December 1, 2018

Semifinals set for Katy Classic

I navigated between Seven Lakes and Tompkins on opening day of the Katy Classic and caught many of the teams, but I actually missed a couple from out of town that are in the semifinals, Colleyville Heritage and Kileen Ellison. Heritage will battle defending R-3 champ Cy Creek while Ellison has Langham Creek

The Cougars have that sensational sophomore backcourt I've been raving about since they were in elementary school, Rori Harmon and Kyndall Hunter, two BCS LOCKS, something I also called them a very long time ago, as well as the inside presence from soph Taylor Jackson as well as junior Morgan Hill who will be on the Tip Sheet when I get back

I love this picture as it appears Briley Perkins is waving her performing magic but as magically as she and fellow senior Dyani Robinson have been over the years, they pulled off a big win against Cy Ranch to get here, I still believe the Mustangs are one of the teams that can make run and they go at it again TUESDAY against the Lobos at Ranch. Kaley Perkins has taken her game to another level while Atlantis White continues to offer another scoring option but the one of the X factors has to be frosh Saija Cleveland

High flying Cy Ranch star Shira Patton, defensive nightmare to hold Shadiya Thomas and powerful Riane Burton are very talented juniors and believe me they definitely are in this, especially when you factor in several other pieces like Haleen Harris who was out but will be back for that Tuesday "rematch" against Langham. I'm torn somewhat because Cy Creek is at Jersey Village on Tuesday so depending on logistics, mine, will determine where I'll be but these are definitely games of the week