Monday, December 24, 2018

'20 Cheyanne Bonilla on a tear with Eastlake

One of my favorite sayings is "talent is everywhere" and I truly started saying this almost 15 years ago when Texas players were being overlooked for a variety of reasons but more on that later. Texas is a very large state and sometimes certain areas are still being overlooked however over the years I've made it a point to catch as much and as many as I possibly could, it also helps that I sort of know what I'm looking at and Cheyanne Bonilla caught my eye a couple of years ago.


The 2020 guard has started off this season with a bang, to say the least, with Eastlake HS in El Paso helping lead her squad to a 2nd place finish  (Frankiln Tournament) and a 3rd place finish (Levelland Tournament) being selected to the All Tournament squad at both events. Bonilla was truly on fire in the latter event, averaging over 24 ppg during the 5 games and she also went over the 1000 point mark for her career. More will be coming on this talented young lady @CheyanneBonill1