Friday, December 21, 2018

More from @passthaball #Super60

So many times I catch players that just leave me somewhat speechless that initial time I actually see them play and I know they're on the right track for big things. Alanna Goosby was one of those players, I caught her the week before PassThaBall's #Super60 at the Match Up City Invitational where some pretty talented MS players got to go head to head against some talented MS players and I can't emphasize how important it is to push yourselves at a very young age because this stuff has a tendency of (a) giving you a false impression on where you REALLY are and (b)showing you where you need to be and I truly keep being amazed when folks come and until that someone has their 3rd through 6th grade daughter ranked such and such because it's nonsense for the most part.
Kennedy Chappell was also one of the standouts at Match Up City Classic, I've seen her several times and one thing I always say that I look for is progression and she definitely showed me that and some. Parents and players, I'm not just blowing smoke when I tell you something, as a parent, coach and evaluator, I've been through this and it doesn't take me a "hunnid" times to know what I'm looking at, my daughter plays at the highest level, WNBA, won a National Championship at Texas A&M and had over 100 D1 offers and I've also helped hundreds of players, directly or indirectly, move on to the next level, before this social media explosion and nonsense that many of you are buying into and it's truly sad so my Christmas gift to you is to  let you know to not get caught up in the frivolous nonsense that is running abundant on the girl's side and I'll be tweeting out the rest of the players from #Super60 over the weekend

Match Up City recap

Super 60 part 1