Sunday, October 7, 2012

McCowin coming into her own




The first time I saw Taylor McCowin was a a couple of years ago and someone mentioned she had only become interested in the game a short time earlier. Her energy level was very high and although everything didn't always go the right way that initial time I saw her, she never made the same mistake twice and when you have the ability to learn from your mistakes in the beginning, that will take you a long way

As a freshman at Cy Fair, she was forced to learn even quicker as she not only made varsity but was one of the leading scorers on a team that was rebuilding and when I saw her at the Texas Invitational, I could see the improvement from when I first saw her. The next time I saw her was in the summer, more improvement and even more during the BigTyme Fall Finish as she continues to show progression

Expect to hear her name a lot more as she steps under the spotlight for the Bobcats this season, Cy Fair lost five seniors including a third of their scoring from Alexis Chandler (George Washington) however the team will be in capable hands with  McCowin and a host of other young players