Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hosey "Hooks Em" early


I still remember watching Jordan Hosey for the first time and you could see her willingness to learn and what really caught my attention was how upset she got after she made a mistake and each picture I took she would have a frown. After the game I told her "look when I take your picture, you need to be smiling" and she cracked up and now anytime she sees me she goes out of her way to smile.

Well she has even more reasons to smile as she committed to the University of Texas today and there were several reasons one of the top 2015 players in the country had for doing this so early according to her parents Curtis and Felicia Hosey. It was close, she loved the campus and atmosphere, and she'll be joining several of her Texas Preps Elite teammates, five and counting so far.

Jordan's dad also added she was overwhelmed and wanted to get this over, ironically I heard the same thing from my daughter years ago, so I can relate. Now back to business for Hosey at Manvel High as she joins another on of the top players in the country, Brianna Turner, and a host of other next level players in their quest to represent R3 in Austin which I'm sure would please the many Longhorn fans.