Saturday, October 6, 2012

Clear Creek youth ready to step up

Courtney Gilliam


And if the subject title comes true this thing could become interesting in February and by that I mean playoffs and making a run. First of  all, Creek has one of the top offensive threats in the area, Brentney Branch along with one of the summers most improved players, Amber Harris, both are seniors. Who they don't have is Taylor Longley who transferred over to Concordia Lutheran, so her double digit points and solid defense is gone but a couple of 2015 players may have just what the doctor ordered for this team to make a run

Mia Hayes

Although that might start off like bad news, there's another old saying that stayed with me from childhood, "it's not how you start, it's how you finish" and watching Courtney Gilliam nail the long ball with pretty good accuracy during the BigTyme Fall Finish, with a little seasoning, well you can never have too many scorers.

Mia Hayes caught my eye over the summer, I had a chance to chat with her dad back in May and he told how much work she put in. After a minor injury late in club season, there were no lingering effects that I saw during the event and she looked better than when I saw her the first time around and in the piece I did on her, Hayes Ready To Carry Torch, well it's lit and will be in capable hands