Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mustangs ready to roll

Kristin Askew

The college season is ready to begin and it's hard to believe former Mansfield Timberview star Kristin Askew is entering her sophomore season or the fact that Akil Simpson, another one former Duncanville star doing her thing at the next level. I saw these young ladies literally grow up before my eyes playing for DFW Elite and the thing that impressed me most about these kids was their work ethic and comprehension of the game, two very important components for playing and staying at the next levelt

Akil Simpson

Last season I had a chance to see SMU when they came to town to play Rice in what proved to be one of the best college games I saw in person last season and both young ladies shined. This season the Mustangs have some bright new faces ready to get after it and I can't wait to see them play this season not only here but my second home as well.


One player who won't is Kristin Hernandez who was simply an offensive machine in high school and she holds the distinct honor of hitting more shots from past half-court, during a game, that I've witnessed live, I think the count is five. She was also another star from Duncanville who I first caught a glimpse of with, you guessed it, DFW Elite who by the way is hosting the BigTyme Fall Finish September 29th-30th. Eight days before the early bird special ends

BigTyme Fall Finish