Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Special on what it's about



So many times you can get caught up in the nonsense of this whole thing, especially the politics about how things really work. I dropped my daughter off at the airport yesterday so she could head back overseas and ironically I received a call from a parent.

His daughter is one of the top players coming up, in fact she probably could play for some colleges now. He informed me that a former club coach was trying to recruit his daughter and my daughters name popped up. The guy told the parent had she played for him, she would have been a MDAA, even though at the time he never had one and never did have one under 6'0

I laughed and said, well she was the best player in the state when she came out, she dominated the top point guard in the class and she dropped 40 on Maya Moore's club team just to name a few things, so even though she made the final 30 in the MDAA votes, she should have been on the team however my comments about some of the guys in power back in the day probably had a lot to do with her not.

Back then or even now, I keep it real not to mention we beat that same club coaches team with double digit D1 players numerous times so that comment was and still is kind of interesting, especially since her last club game was six years ago. The parent said he told the guy "didn't she play in the WNBA"

Politics is the reason I started doing this, there are so many talented players out there and if you can play, you can play, that's my philosophy. I got tired of complaining about what the local paper wasn't doing or them doing it wrong so in order to make a change, sometimes you have to just do it yourself