Monday, September 10, 2012

Lang standing tall as she commits


The first time I saw Kelsey Lang, I knew she would play at the next level because she was tall, had some skills but was a little raw in some areas and evidently she knew it as well.

What she did along the course of those four seasons that I've had the privilege of observing her is improve year after year. Whatever her weaknesses were, she worked on them and when the last knock from me was her strength, she committed herself to a weight training program and when I saw her back in May I was astounded at the bulk she had put on which led me say "she is now a legitimate Major D1 player" and I knew it was only a matter of time.

Well that time has happened as Texas Preps Elite head coach and club director Ben Perkins just informed me she will be joining her club teammates Alyssa Dry, Nekia Jones and Lashaan Higgs at the University of Texas. This is another big coup for the Longhorns as The Woodlands star will definitely make an impact