Sunday, October 16, 2011

DFW Fall Finish-Hayden Explodes On & Off Court


If you've ever had a chance to watch one of those shows where they show you how things develop right before your eyes or even better, if you know what a Polaroid picture is, then you understand. Seeing kids work to get better is something I've always enjoyed watching and watching already talented kids continue to work on their games is even more refreshing. I first saw Breanna Hayden before her freshman season, I knew she had an older sister that was going to Baylor and I was impressed with the things she did on the court. I didn't see her again until last year when her school, Dallas Lincoln, played in the Aldine Tournament and I could see the improvement over the past two years.


After a sensational summer, Hayden moved into Top 100 status on the national frontier as she showed she was legit to many who questioned how good she was. I already knew she had Top 100 all over her, that wasn't the question. The question in my mind was how he should could rise and the jump from the summer to last weeks DFW Elite's Fall Finish showed before it's all said and done, she might be the top player in Texas. Hayden has some intangibles that just can't be taught and it's good to see the better players wanting to keep getting better. Hayden, along with Christen Inman from Seven Lakes High School in Katy, made the biggest jumps as far as Texas kids. For more on these young ladies, please visit the GPR website.