Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Guidelines, Logic and Comprehension


I have seen so many changes over the course of the past 10 years in GBB but some things will never change. I recall getting into heated debates on message boards with people I felt that didn't know what they were talking about which sometimes lead to aggressive behavior on my part, however stringent internet laws made me change my ways. Several things happened because of my actions and although several people didn't like what I said, it made many take notice, especially since I was usually right and out of all the trouble I supposedly caused, an internet correspondent was born with Scout.com.  I have criticized the Chronicle for years with their AGH picks because in a city this size, over 1500 high school players from various public and private schools, it makes no sense to pack them in together and say these are my 15.


I never picked an all anything team because I knew there would be those who had their opinions about who was left off, so when I decided to do so, I had to set some GUIDELINES on who would be picked. The old me would have just said some bad words if people disagreed with me and that was that however since I've mellowed over the years, I'm all about educating folks with LOGIC and hopefully they COMPREHEND what I say after I break it down. Here were the guidelines.


1.You were a key player on a team that has a chance to go to state
2.You were a player that had committed and (or) had several options from schools that offered you a scholarship
3.You were a consensus TOP 100 player


You have to have a formula when you do things in a city this size and if two of those three applied, this narrowed the selections down. Advantage Guru!