Wednesday, March 16, 2022

2022 League City Sharks 12U #SimmieColsonClassic


 I rarely look at rosters during games, it takes me a minute to tweet, tag, and try to rush which equates to countless typos yet Brooklyn Wong, Adarra Vanderford, and Mia Zuniga all made the SCC Tip Sheet, keep in mind Zuniga is a 5th grader playing up yet going over the roster, they had another young lady playing up, Lily Sanchez, also a 5th grader and let me say this, watching her handle the ball under pressure and attack multiple ways, that first step is going to create some problems had me smiling yet not as much as watching her rebound against taller players, you can't teach that 


You also can't teach "playing the passing lane"well you can yet it's a lost art so Rylee Patrick does that well, plus scores off putbacks which means she rebounds but Natalia Mireles, both are pictured above, gave me highlights galore as she not only sees the floor yet passes the ball in traffic, with either hand, and at this stage, I can't wait to see what she becomes because she changes direction going full speed while staying under control, scores off the dribble yet that court vision just grabs me


Kynsley Goodsell sold me watching her handle the ball in the open court, she's pictured above yet she also can score off the dribble as well as with the jumper, nice pull-up while being defended yet on the flip, she did a good job defending. Aubrey Taylor rebounded on both ends but playing the passing lane is just something I love seeing younger players do, she did it numerous times and I love #THROWBACK stuff so when I saw Pyper Trancucci showed the "drop step" and finished that just did it for me. This is a talented young squad, Samantha Dupont and Julia Kern are a couple of others I'll be keeping my eyes on so be ready