Friday, March 25, 2022

Uptempo Sports #simmiecolsonclassic


 Head coach Moses Ellis is another person that falls into that over a decade long friendship and I love talking with people that comprehend how this game has changed even though a couple of people that were around before me said "it's the same" or "the other regions have caught up" which makes me glad my daughter didn't play for them because when you say outrageous stuff like that, it's sad, but I truly admire Coach Ellis passion, I noticed that when I first coached against him, well I also remember his daughter dropping five or six 30 footers in front of me on the sideline yet his knowledge as well as the desire to help young ladies fulfill their potential hasn't gone unnoticed by me so I'll catch another look at his team this weekend at LEVEL UP and I guarantee by the end of the season, I will continue to see progression, but here we go, all are from 2024 class with the exception of  '26 Autumn Lecompte

Cynthia Lecompte (Barbers Hill) the last name kept pulling me, wrote about her a few years ago the first time I saw her, and recently wrote about her sister from this event but her timing, UPS, and athleticism continue to stand out, so did her turnaround jumper

Celina Valeriano (Morton Ranch) nice mix of offensive skills starting with the HEZ to attack off the dribble and finish with nice body control but she also has range plus she plays the passing lane 

Aries Donnadieu (Cy Fair) showed the pull-up jumper while being defended, also uses her body well on the inside, nice athleticism, doesn't mind physicality 

Lauren Johnson (Paetow) deceptive first step enables her to attack off the dribble, finishes strong 

Holly Sylve (Morton Ranch) creates her shot, also attacks strongly off the dribble

Madison Henderson (Morton Ranch) heady PG, athletic, sees the floor and showed the crossover in transition. Scored off the dribble as well as the long ball

KEEP AN EYE ON

Tierra Hall (Paetow)

Ada Nwosy (Bridgeland)