Monday, December 5, 2011

Veja Hamilton Continues To Amaze


Forget the fact that she scores at will, doesn't complain or even the fact that she should be in Class of 2014, what I like about Veja more than anything else is that she keeps it real. I spoke her prior to the championship game against Cy Falls and reminded her I was at the opening day game. Her response was "I didn't shoot ball well, but watch me tonight". To some that may sound cocky, well it's not, trust me on that. This is the type of player you want to go to battle with. She recognized what was wrong the first time and she regrouped, in a big way. I talk to college coaches all of the time and I love picking their brains and the thing most of them have told me about the changing of the game is the mid-rang shooters are not as abundant as they once were. Veja has that lost art down pat, along with the ability to get to the free throw line and make them, she knocked 5 in overtime victory against Mansfield Timberview. This young lady is a scorer, simple as that and has not only showed it against local competition, she has done it on center stage in several huge summer tournaments. My bet is not to bet against her doing it as a Horned Frog with TCU!