Wednesday, September 6, 2017

2018 Kayla White makes her decision #GPRUnderTheRadar



So many times I see players at an early age that just have “it” and you know something special will develop through the process and Kayla White was definitely one of those players. I don’t remember exactly what grade she was in, I could use the search bar on either of my sites but I’m thinking it was between her sixth  and seventh grade years. This young lady had poise and talent even then and her ability to simply take over a game, against older talented players at that age, sold me. White’s progression over the years continued where she has stars at Desoto High School and the GPR Under The Radar phenom simply took her game to a different level with DFW Elite EYBL over this season, after scaring defenders at “BOO” Williams, she continued her torrid scoring and defending at Nike Tournament of Champions and Nike Nationals where several of the top BCS programs had a chance to witness what I’ve been saying for years, this young lady is LEGIT.


Not only is White a talented basketball player, she’s also a high academic student and a member of the National Honor Society so I knew she made her decision on where she’d play college ball on a number of things and when asked what chose her to stay close to home, she said “I chose SMU because I fell in love with the coaching staff, the campus, academics, and players. I loved the enthusiasm in Coach Travis Mayes' voice when he talked about his vision for SMU women's basketball. I felt his passion and wanted to be a part of the reemergence of SMU women's basketball.”


White also wants to be part of something big that’s coming  and told me “ They are on the rise, and he and his staff are constructing something very special with the 2017 and 2018 incoming recruiting classes. I just felt a connection and felt like this was the perfect time and place for me to come in to a program and start my own legacy, here in my own hometown. PONY UP! “ There you have it !!!!!!