Friday, September 22, 2017

Final All Star game @ #I45Shootout had a little of everything


Sometimes I get lucky on pictures so to capture three of the four incoming freshmen that played in the PassThaBall I-45 Shootout finale was great, at least for me. Aiken Semones and Raven Adams have both impressed me sine I guess 4th grade when I first saw them play, Semones was dangerous from long range early and a growth spurt has truly added more to her game as she's adjusting to the one. Adams was explosive even back then, ball handling and scoring were in her repertoire but her mindset was always years ahead and the progression from both of these two has been something  to see as they keep adding to their games. Hadn't seen Jermia Green, well actually I had, but she left a lasting impression with her play on both ends and when I saw Jasmine Shavers score about 10 points in 2 minutes earlier in the season, playing up against a tough team, I was sold however I had already seen her a couple of years ago with another squad yet she had a huge growth spurt and is definitely going to be hard to handle


Never could get a roster from some of these teams, for whatever reasons yet when my daughter tells me to check out a player, I jump on that and Laila Blair is simply amazing. Her ability to catch and shoot, explosive first step and just one of those players that finds various ways to put the ball in the basket has her a definite mid to BCS lock. Club teammates Elyssa Coleman and Chanielyn Galloway both have size and athleticism, I used the search bar and saw I had written about them with a previous team  a while back but even I forget faces I see once or twice but with their performances, as well as '21 Green, I see why they made noise on the circuit. Salem Diaz was a bright spot from the HoopAHolics Camp that also played in the All Star game, love her upside and Arianna Sturdivant was another pleasant surprise


Been watching Dasha McMillan for a minute and she definitely keeps adding to her game M'Kayla Malone and Mikayla Green both showed they could put up numbers quickly and efficiently. Zaria Johnson has so many tools to go along with her size and athletic ability, watched her make jumps from last season to this season and throughout the club ball scene and another threesome that played club ball together, Kirsten Beasley, Brianna Cloud and Kayla Cobb all showed up. Beasley left me speechless at times at the Tyrone Johnson Showcase, Cloud just brings it every play but I love progression and over the years, she definitely adds more which has me closing with someone I've been watching what seems like forever. Cobb was one of those players that could shoot the long ball early but watching her add multiple ways to score, ball-handling under pressure and poise were all impressive but what has truly impressed me even more is the heat she's bring on defense and that is how I'll close this out