Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bellaire Fall League-Kinkaid


You can always count on excitement and entertainment at the Bellaire Fall League and tonight was no different. Somebody said Kinkaid would have one of the toughest back courts in the area only yesterday, oh I know who said it, me! As usual I was on the money as Brecca Thomas and Lashann Higgs are ready to get this party started. Thomas dropped over 40 in a game last week, well Higgs probably came close to duplicating that feat in this weeks game as she razzled and dazzled her way to the hole almost at will. This is probably the most athletic Kinkaid team I've ever seen and to be honest with you I was rather impressed however once again, the game starts at the one and when you have a point with this type of ability, good things will usually happen. 


I've called Higgs a legitimate Top 100 player on the national level and the more I see her, the more I see her sliding even higher. Whether it's her speed, handles, acceleration, change of directions or seeing the floor, she has the package. What she adds to that list, and you won't hear me floating this around too much, is she sees plays before they happen, that's definitely a gift


Thomas was one of the best young shooters off the dribble I've ever seen in my life, not spot up wide open shooters, but actually taking you off  the dribble and pulling up with a jumper. She creates her shot as good  as anyone and can score from anywhere on the court. Keep an eye on Kinkaid, although they were without their full squad, this team was very scrappy and brought tons of energy