Saturday, May 21, 2011

BACK IN ACTION

 


I had a chance to observe some of the "Rising Stars" in our area last week and  once again it's refreshing to see so many talented players in our area. Established stars such as AGH Sedalia Ellis, Diominsha Sophus and  Crystal Porter to players ready for breakout seasons like Logan Johnson and Dani Fielder were on hand, not to mention those youngs ladies that put Klein Forest on their backs in route to the schools first playoff appearance.



Speaking of playoff appearances, West Mesquite was 4 points shy of making it to state last season and I had a chance to see why as their point guard, Sha'georgia Williams, showed why she was all everything the past season

The talent in Texas is second none, I preached it for years and we all see how that turned out. The father of one of the top players in the area told me I had showed my daughter lot's of love on the blog during the National Championship run, but the players in the area needed some love too. He's right and I'll be adding more over the next few weeks. Why are these young ladies from Clear Springs and Dekaney smiling? Because they know they have as good a chance as anyone to make it to state next season.

Stay tuned, more to come and Baby Tyson's big sister will close it out!