Monday, November 15, 2010

Westside @ Westbury Christian- The preview

By now I am sure you've heard about Brianna Turner and her impressive high school debut, scoring 29 points in a blowout against Lamar. Before anyone scratches their head and says doesn't he always say "It's not what you do, it's who you do it against", yeah that's true but remember two things. I am the Guru and you just have to trust me on this. Turner is one of the top posts in the city right now, a tag I put on a relatively unknown Nneka Ogwumike while she was only a 9th grader playing JV and I think I came out pretty good on that one as well.

You already know or at least should know if you read my stuff about  who Amber Orrange and Fallon Ellis are, Stanford and Iowa State signees, but you may have missed the additions that will have keep the tradition going at WC. Caitlin Diaz had a monster season at Tomball last season, and watching her drop over 30 against Dekaney last season was one of the best individual performances I saw.
Another addition is the kid who had a following while in middle school which carried over to Dulles where she instantly became one of the top long range shooters in the area. Sylvana Okde is known as Silky and she she steps right in at the spot Tyranni Henderson vacated at shooting guard. Both Okde and Diaz are in that loaded Class of 2012 around the Houston area.
Westside will be looking for their second straiht win, they beat a Breauxless Elkins after losing to Cy Fair and this could be interesting for the simple fact that Tiffany Davis is back to run the point. Another one of my quotes is "The game starts at the one" and usually when I take the time to remember what I said, that's why I write things down, it's usually right (lol). Game time is at 6:30 and will be featured on the GPR website.