Thursday, November 18, 2010

Texas Invitational-Day 1

The first started off with some pretty good action, however it appears the Metroplex still has our number as North Crowley, Irving Macathur and Duncanville, all won their pools and to be honest with you, I think they may be the three best teams in the tournament right now.


Cy Falls finished 2-0 in their pool, beating Mansfield Summit and Tomball big big margins
The Woodlands were coming off a Tuesday night loss to Elsik after winning the Conroe Tournament, however things seem to be clicking again as they defeated not only Clear Creek, but highly touted San Antonio Jay, the TABC #3 ranked team in the preseason. Klein Collins, Cy Fair and A&M Consolidated all were 1-1, so based on points, Collins goes to Gold, Cy Fair, Silver and A&M Consolidated Bronze.
North Crowley has some amazing talent, I remember Chelsea Jennings and Natalie Ventress from the GBC a couple of years ago and you can tell they've been putting in some work



Duncanville was clicking on all cylinders after falling behind early to the Shore, however after regrouping, they cruised the rest of the day. I guess I would be smiling if my team had 6 players that were listed at 5'10 or taller and three others at 5'9. WOW!


There are some things you just can't teach and usually the ones that have it, are great players. Alexis Jones and I-Mac cruised to big wins in their pool over Corpus Christi Ray and a Megan Shaferless College Park and not having Shafer's leadership really hurts their team. Even with Shafer, I doubt if I-Mac would have lost, but it would have been fun to watch, like this video!


This has been a long day and I will be adding pics and thoughts throughout the weekend.