Thursday, June 14, 2018

2018 University of Houston Elite Camp solid top to bottom




It's always great seeing players in different settings , one of my phrases "talent is everywhere" is only superseded by another phrase "it's not what you do, it's who you do it against" and although much of what I say goes way over a lot of heads, sooner or later it sinks in so watching talented players just bring it is always a pleasure for me to see. Many players I called next level after the first time I saw them were on hand, the electrifying Raven Adams made a statement during her freshman season at Ridgepoint simply still amazes me while fellow 2021 players Timberlyn Criswell, Jordyn Sowell, Kaidance Glenn, Bria McClure and Kayla Glover continue to elevate their already impressive games but when you throw in Haleen Harris and Asia Broughton's adding more and more every time I see them, Texas 2021 has an abundance of those that will be vying for next level scholarships however log that into the "scratched record" category because I've been saying that for 15 years when no one was paying attention to the state on the national level

Don't know if  Jazzy Owens is waving the yellow flag but she's one of the best 2022's in the nation, I ain't gotta see a bunch of em to know what I'm talking about but she won't be slowing down and neither will R'Mani Taylor and Madison Cockrell who will make impacts in HS almost immediately, trust me on that one and also trust what I saw in Sydney Ward and 6'2 Ayanna Thompson almost instantly as you would have never known they were among the youngest at the camp. Deucee Reed stock continues to rise and speaking of rising 6'3 Tionna Herron is showing signs of being a #BEAST very quickly as she and her 8 other Desoto HS teammates will have me making several trips going 45N over the next few years. Tough as nails Jordyn Marshall is another solid freshman that doesn't show her age and let me drop it down to 2023 Crystal Hayes who plays on a boys team, she's 6'3  btw with unbelievable upside, wait, girls use to play against boys back in the day, I forgot

Kamryn Jones was a more than pleasant surprise, I caught her during a holiday tournament but she definitely benefited more from me catching her for a couple of hours, she's going to sneak up on many in the 2020 group which I said 5 or 6 years ago would be a "monster class" and folks no matter what you hear or probably haven't heard or been told, if I say it, it's going to happen. Asha Thompson, older sister of Ayanna, has always been a terror and just playing this in my head, DeSoto just might make a deep run. Shira Patton and Rianne Burton have solidified everything I knew they would become, they've put in the work. Jillian Sowell and her sister I guess were in the 5th and 4th grades when I just knew they had something to work with. Abigail Lynch has next level stamped on her forehead, she caught my attention in a huge way a couple of weekends ago at the Texas Phenoms tournament by going completely off during the stretch of one game, nothing changed here



Texas always has had talent, some thing have changed for the good, some for the not so but first looks at legitimate players never lets me down and watching Jiya Perry play around the world in a game as she even added some HORSE, we called it something else when I played made me smile, the explosiveness from Ariyanna Hines getting wherever she wanted whenever she wanted, the fire from Haley Wesley, as well as watching Nina Ritchie come back with a bang and Karyn Ford bangin inside or dropping the long ball, this camp was definitely a good one as Ashley Daniel sent a message that many other players cosigned on, watch out for me next month