Friday, June 29, 2018

2018 Austin Elite #TJShowcase MS Tip Sheet


Talk about some up and coming talented players in Texas, several just made me smile as I sat back and enjoyed two days of action at the Tyrone Johnson Showcase hosted by Austin Elite so let me start off with some of the middle school and younger standouts. Keep in mind BCS Locks Sammy Wagner and 

Kendall Sneed (Texas Storm) the long ponytail and ability to get to the basket and finish with contact immediately brought back memories of my own daughter but Sneed just left me speechless at times because she scored numerous ways, handled the ball under pressure and showed plenty of poise

Kenna Gibson (HTX Fire 2022) she hit a deep one as I was passing by, she hit another one as I came back and it seemed like every game I watched her, she was dropping the long ball, both days in all of the games. Accurate and can catch and shoot, that's huge

Carleigh Wenzel (SA Finest) HS "be a ready" because this young lady is going to make an immediate impact with her picture perfect jumper. I was on the other end taking a selfie and saw the form and knew it was her, awe man and didn't I call her a BCS Lock, yes I did

Mia Jiminez (SA Lady Hoops) dropped something on the quad that attended the camp but this squad is pretty well rounded and Jiminez adds a little something each time I've caught her. Takes defenders off dribble, nice floater or can mix it up with mid to long range

Cindy Foka (Phoenix) good size and agility, powerful inside and battled for everything off the glass and on the floor. Showed good defense and better upside as she already understands how to ignite the break and run the floor

LA Sneed (SA Finest) explosive guard that simply makes things happen every-time she touches the ball and is one of those "makes teammates better" types. Sees the floor extremely well, great handle  with the ability to dazzle, nice mid to long shooting, huge upside

Jordan Washington ( Phoenix) playing up and I'd have never known and I'm talking 2 or 3 years up. Very knowledgeable which I love to see, doesn't phased, I love that too and gives and receives pressure as she can finish with contact and see the floor nicely

Laney Elmore (Waco Elite Blue) plays beyond her years, already gets it and is on the right track. Attacks basket strong from various angles but her ability to create her shot, under pressure and knock it down is big

Leila Curtis( SAF Camille) explosive off the dribble, attacks relentlessly and scores multiple ways including taking the lick

Loghan Johnson ( Katy Rebels 2023 King) upside is scary, she's athletic, plays passing lane and can defend baseline to baseline plus she handles the ball in the open court and gets to the basket easily and can finish acrobatically

Naujaneete Haynes (SAF Camille) strong finisher, strong rebounder, strong defender so what does that tell you. Never takes a play off, explodes off the ground

Avari Berry (AD Elite 2023) so many talented guards throughout their organization, lets just say Berry is on her way to being ripe as she has an explosive first step, finishes and that combined with a nice pull-up is "ALL DAY" lol I had to but she plays the passing lane as well

Sammie Wagner( SA Finest) I don't even know what to say other than just keeps elevating game from #BCSLock I called her a couple of years ago and she's only a 2023. Physical and Finesse, either way you want it, she can give it with ease

Domnica Armstrong (ATX Fierce) handles the ball nicely and sees the floor, hasn't made it to MS yet so that in itself has her in the mix but what I also saw was she understands the simple things and plays within herself so all of that tells me a lot

Shaviant'a Cobb (Waco United Lady Panthers 2022) floater like a butterfly yet she can sting like a bee and I know that's over many heads just like Cobb's floater. Love how she gets to the basket and just puts the ball in, nice midrane and good upside

Yulissa Yebra (SA Lady Hoops 2023) I use "size don't matter when you can play" a whole lot and it certainly matters when you can. Yebra just keeps bringing it, the more I see her, the more I see more and becoming more fluid is showing as well as rebounding on both ends and finishing strong

Amanda Crowninshield ( Texas Elite 2022 Silver) talented PG that understands how to get talented teammates involved. Already showing confidence in her abilities, sees floor, makes pinpoint passes on the money and ca take over offensively

Creerith Plummer (Defenders & DND Elite) played on two different teams and put in work for both, it ain't the squad it's what's in the player, been doing this forever so I already that some thing you can't teach and this young lady's work ethic is "old school" like I like to see. She is showing BEAST-LIKE signs already, battles for everything, finishes strong, huge upside