Tuesday, June 26, 2018

2018 I-10 Basketball Showcase recap

As July heats up, I've had a chance to watch multiple Texas Lady Phenoms squads this season and talented players are spread out all over the place but what I really love are some of the first looks like the ones I got from Amanda Onuarah and the progression I constantly see in several of their players including Ta'Nya Gibson, Mikayla Malik  and Haley Wesley to name a few, all from the Texas Lady Phenoms organization. Phoenix Revolution rolled with 5 all weekend , Emma Moore was pretty consistent as I caught a little of their squad early Saturday and on Sunday but they truly fought shorthanded over the weekend. A couple of AD Elite younger teams were there, I didn't see any evaluators that last name rhymed with mine but no matter how LUDICROUS some of the things I'm told are, that means STUPID, not to be confused with Ludacris the rapper whom I totally enjoy, I took a look at the squad anyway and they have some players coming up, Aaron Thomas and Danielle King on the Yellow squad were among those players that will make some noise in HS



On AD Elite Blue, guards galore that keep coming at you on both ends plus power inside but Peyton Overton simply has taken her game to yet another level and speaking of guards and another level, Raven Adams is starting to pick up offers with Texas Elite Burroughs but this is a team filled with players that will play at the next level. Adams, Marchelle Willis and Aleighyah Fontenot have been dropping the long ball with ease since my hair was completely black, they keep adding even more to their games and speaking of long ball, Makayla Green was on fire while Cierra Gilbert and Dala Allen were forces on the inside. Dynasty squad was scrappy and under control, had some players that made plays as well as shots but the shots from various Lady Dominators players like Kayla Cobbs and JaNyla Kennedy kept them in the mix