Thursday, June 21, 2018

San Antonio Lady Hoops foursome knew they had #AllEyezOnMe


I think I've mentioned that I love seeing new talent, this ties into my saying talent is everywhere and this dates back to when I used to curse the mainstream out about ignoring Texas, oh how I wish they had Instagram so we could refer back to those exciting times but we don't however nothing has changed in my mind because I actually what's out there, what has been out there and how the finished product looks so it's always good to see players that not only get it but also implement it. I caught the San Antonio Lady Hoops a few weeks ago and to say I was speechless at times would be an understatement so for the four that were at the Individual Showcase, here's a little something

Annalia Cuellar- instant offense sort of sums her up, or does it. She creates well under pressure and gets her shot off nicely but more  importantly she is consistent. When you can mix it up by taking defenders off the dribble coupled with her shooting, good things will happen

Emery Black-powerful is a good word because she gets to the basket strong and finishes the same way, with contact. Good defender baseline to baseline, nice mid to long range but I guess what I saw even more of was her rebounding on both ends, against taller players and her spin move still has me dizzy

Future Asevado- don't know if this "Future" can rap off the court but she certainly can "create" on it , love how she attacks the basket for buckets and it doesn't matter from where are against whom. Sets defenders up nicely, sees the floor well

Aysia Proctor- this is one Proctor you don't want to Gamble on, pun intended but her upside is scary. Missed her a few weeks ago, she broke her hand and I'm thinking which one because she scoring with both. Love the range, takes defenders off dribble easily, showed a step back, nice arsenal of offensive weapons