Thursday, July 9, 2020

Team Tulsa Purple brings it home #Super64

Team Tulsa came to the PBR Super 64 and that mission wasn't impossible because this squad has a history of winning the big ones, add the Connecticut Division to there accomplishments, and all of that is fine and dandy but I always look for "those girls" who can play at the next level, I've caught several of these young ladies in the past and to say I was impressed with their progression would be an understatement and the mix of 2024 and 2025 young stars were just something to see. JaShay Devers and Brianna  Gist are 2024 players, Tay'Butler and Lilee Sanders are in the 2025 class, I'll get a better look at them down the road but the ones I caught a lot of as I was moving on various courts were these young ladies

2024

Sakauri Wilson (THA) two of the many things I love seeing in young players is the ability to create their shot and an explosive first step, she does both yet she also sees the court as if she was looking through a microscope, passes are crisp and on the money but her pull-up is solid and she does something else I love to see plays the passing lane

KiAryn Taylor (Kipp) she also plays the passing lane and plays it well plus she's long and athletic, that's the base and remember that so watching her attack the basket strings was as funds watching her keep the ball high after rebounding, she does that on both ends of the floor and plays defense

Aire'l Vazquez (Will Rogers) I love her upside for many reasons including she goes hard and rebounds with authority and that in itself sends messages but a couple of other things were priceless to me and that was watching her pass off the dribble and show a consistent drop step, aka a lost art that actually works

Taiona Morris (Union) Morris also does a great job creating her shot and an exceptional job at getting it off, under pressure yet watching her drop the long ball, multiple times, was pretty cool and what was even cooler is that she can catch and shoot, that too is valuable at this stage because, well just because I said so

2025

Kennadi Jackson (Goddard) I don't know what I like the most, her explosive first step, yep she has it too, her ability to attack against whomever, under control or maybe it was her threading the needle in traffic  but playing that passing lane is something many  on this squad can do and her upside is nice as well

Tierra Owens (THA) I love flair and excitement and this young lady is going to be labeled a "highlight waiting to happen" in the open court before it's all said and done. She already has the razzle-dazzle down, she understands how to attack the basket and finish after contact but that energy just keeps applying heat

Hope Bump (Claremore) that three-inch growth spurt had me scratching my head wondering which one she was but she's added so much more including her poise and ability to show she has the potential to take over games. She finishes with power, she understands how to set defenders up off the dribble, the stop and pop from midrange is smooth and her positioning, another lost art, enables her to rebound against taller players