Friday, April 3, 2020

'22 Jade Miller Elevating Her Status


I'll never forget catching Jade Miller for the first time at a Prime Time Tournament when I used to cover them and I'm on the baseline taking pictures and this lady walks up to me and asked why am I taking pictures of her daughter. I responded, "because I am a genius at evaluating talent and your daughter has plenty of potential" and she laughed and said okay. Fast forward four years later and Jade helped lead Manvel to the playoffs in one of the toughest districts in the area where they would lose to district rival Hightower in the game that would have sent them to the regional semis

Miller could score, that was apparent early at the initial sighting but her poise and composure at a young age just stood out and it explains why she handles pressure so well now. Mid to long-range or off the dribble, she can get it done yet she also scores in the flow and can run the 1 or 2 with ease. Miller is one of the top defensive guards in the area, among the leaders in steals but her desire to defend baseline to baseline is second to none and oh yeah, she plays the passing lane. After garnering numerous awards in her sophomore season, it ain't over so be ready