Sunday, December 8, 2019

Holland MS Tournament shows future stars of tomorrow


After becoming involved in this, girl's basketball, I've seen a huge shift on a variety of things I speak on constantly which goes over the heads of many. In 2009,  said social media was going to hurt the game, it's documented and it has, high school basketball is not what it used to be and neither is middle school and anyone that tells you different is clueless, naive, or basically lying to you about how they can "make your daughter" ironically with a little help from my ex-wife, I can actually say that about my own daughter, she's in the WNBA

By no means does this mean that there isn't talent spread around, many have already been labeled by me as players who will play at the next level as early as elementary school, I ain't been wrong yet, so I actually know what I'm talking about and could care less about the politics because of two things, I have no agenda and talent is everywhere which is why I was super excited to go and see Deyjah Ray who showed a big jump when I caught her at PassThaBall's The South back in  September read more

Ray scored 5 in the first minute of the first quarter and finished with 25 points, well she closed the tournament out with 25 as well and was named MVP and one thing I knew she needed was to become more aggressive on the court, she has. This young lady caught my eye in the 3rd grade, had I had a roster would have known that she was playing on a 6th-grade squad with some notable now juniors including one of the top juniors in Texas, Ashlyn Jones but  is showing some big-time signs


Holland also has a couple of players, twin towers in fact for their age that put in some work. One of those towers, Aniya Lazard, played with Deyjah on her club team and she was relentless in the paint
but her upside is what's definitely scary because she has size, strength, and athleticism right now, and trust me, everything else will fall into place. Speaking of scary upside, Joemoriah Ben was a bright spot for Hamilton. she does things instinctively, she attacks strongly and can finish with contact plus she has range


Two more MS tournaments are coming up, parents BEWARE at the nonsense you're about to hear but what do I know other than I'm dropping some photos from this event on Facebook