Sunday, August 5, 2018

2018 Prime Time Summer Elite Showcase


Over my years of watching talented players across the country, one thing has and always will remain a constant and it's pinned on my Twitter account, "talent is everywhere" and that's provided you know what you're looking at and the game is more than just scoring a lot of baskets to move on to the next level and be successful so another phrase I seldom use, "what else do you bring to the table" applies strongly

2019
Reagan Montgomery-guard (DFW Hawks) showed me in middle school she score in droves however over the years she has become a complete player capable of playing both the 1 or 2 at the next level because her poise on the court, high BB-IQ and unselfishness just stands out but don't get it twisted because she can still fill it up scoring mid to long range but her ability to finish with contact just keeps getting better



2020
Mariah Smith-guard (Cy Fair Elite EYBL 16U) I did not need 20/20 vision when I said 6 years ago 2020 was going to be a "monster class" and seeing Smith for the first time 3 years ago told me it was scary everywhere. The Oklahoma native continues to impress me and more importantly college coaches after going off at PassThaBall's Showcase in Chicago a few weeks ago. Nice pull-up in transition, mid to long range and brings heat on defense plus she's unselfish and just goes hard


DeZarae Stewart-guard (Southern Krushers Academy) seeing is believing has always been my motto and what I will always go by and after seeing some of her on video, I was somewhat speechless but watching her in person definitely has me talking, well typing. Physical on both ends, reads plays before they happen, plays passing lane and can score inside, after contact as well as hit the outside shot and still has upside

Here are some of the other standouts from the Summer Elite Showcase, follow me on social media for even more coming up read more