Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shaw And Eagles Come Up Short

It wasn't supposed to end this way for Barbers Hill. After all, they knocked up Beaumont Ozen in a convincing fashion and I know some will say that game took too much out of them but that's not what happened. These kids gave it their all and fought until the last possession. What they accomplished, just by getting hear over teams ranked ahead of them is nothing short of remarkable. Was I pulling for them? I had no interest one way or another, only wishing to see a good hard fought game and I got that. Do I sort of want the underdogs to win, yes so with that being said, I guess first statement could be misconstrued. All I know is Kendall Shaw and Shannon Evans started playing together when they were 7 or 8 and they finished their high school careers as one of the top four teams in the state and that's nothing to be ashamed of. Here's the story

HILL CAN'T GET TO SUMMIT