Sunday, March 4, 2012

Barbers Hill "All In The Family"

 This picture Shannon Evans and Kendall Shaw tells a story after they lost to eventual state champion Mansfield Summit in the semifinals. I knew Shaw's dad was a stud player back in the day in high school and later at Rice but there's another story

 Mackenzie May 's mom, Lori along Evans mother, Michelle, both played on the 1983 state champion team while Michelle played on the 1982 state champion as well




In a story coming up in FCP, I asked Evans how special it was for her to make it to Austin and she said "Every senior dreams of going to state their senior year, especially for me, since my mom had won state her senior year. Let me also add Evans came back from tearing her ACL to help lead her team to Austin almost two years to day from her surgery

Check out the story from ABC 13