Sunday, June 13, 2010

Let's Throwdown


















In the preliminary, the Fort Bend Stars showed how much they have improved since the start of the season. Coach Win & Co are guys that always seem to get the best out of what they have, their track record proves they know what they are doing. The Fastbreakers also showed they have more weapons than given credit for. Peanut, EJ and numerous players from other teams made my weekend because I love keeping that aresenal of knowledge loaded and seeing all of the young talent coming up is refreshing. It appears several next level point guards will be heading into high school next year, so how quickly they make the adjustment will tell the tale.
The young kids competing that will still be in middle school, including the younger sisters of Karima Christmas and Chelsea Johnson,was fun for me as well, with a lot of raw talent ready to breakout. Coming up tomorrow, I'll give you a glimpse of the future, including "V" in action.




THE MAIN EVENT
Fastbreaker-one who fast breaks combined with in your face offense and defense, aka-the total package
TKO- no matter what, who,when, where or how, look to be knocked completely out

What happens when those two tangle? Some very exciting basketball, both have knocked off numerous high school teams and both have several kids that will play at the next level.






Shi' Leah Scott, aka LeLe, and Ekiya Gray are two of the top incoming freshmen. These kids have many head to head battles coming up over the years and should give area fans something to cheer about.


TKO may be a bit undersized however when the PG happens to be the coaches daughter and truly knows the game, great things can and will happen. This turned out to be one of the best games I've seen all season. Game starts at the one!



Do 8 threes in a game mean you're a shooter? Ask opponents because #15 can nail them from all over. She didn't have 8 this game, and I may be stretching it, but I saw her drop 7 for sure in a game.


In this sequence, LeLe hangs in the air for a bucket, folllowed by a game tying three from Kierra Fisher to a fabulous coast to coast finish from Regina Scott (Baby Barkley)
My apologies to Miss Parker for running my mouth instead of videoing her several change of direction moves that had the crowd going crazy.





Hopefully this makes up for it. Game starts at the one!







Gray was ice down stretch from the line, knocking down her free throws and helping her team come back from a double digit defecit to win. If I wore a hat, I would take it off for both teams because not only did they play great, they are like me and Bonecrusher "NEVER SCARED"
The remix goes something like this. So I'm inside the gym and you think I'm lettin you win, knock me down all ya want and I'm still comin at you again, awe forget it.