Sunday, March 12, 2023

Houston United 2028 #simmiecolsonclassic




 I always give useful information, not just NONSENSE many believe on social media but this is sort of funny. Jada Malone had been selling me Girl Scout Cookies for years as I watched her watching her older sister Micarah put in work over the years. I guess in the 6th or 7th grade, Jada said "Mr. Simmie, I have bad news for you, I'm going to start playing and I won't be selling the cookies anymore" and she was right, it was bad news because I thought this would help me lose weight, it didn't

Fast forward to now, after a state championship as well as runner-up with The Village, the good news for her is that she's putting in work for Texas A&M now, and also the good news for me is that Jayda Hart is now my go-to for the lemon cookies as she is showing signs with Houston United as are her teammates 

Kennedy Price has grown both on and off the court and her being "long and athletic" which is THE BASE has her on the path around all 4 for a home run. I used to drop "the PRICE is RIGHT" when her older sister Lauren played and I'm sure I'll be using it again. Her ballhandling in traffic, her court vision  as well as creating her shot under pressure to attack or drop the jumper was impressive, so is her upside as she's playing up, class of 2029

Addison Little is heady and understands how to set the defender up with a deceptive first step. I think I enjoyed her understanding of how to get hers "in the flow" more than anything yet she saw the floor well and made good decisions which is always a plus. She defended as well as understood how and when to trap

Jayda Hart is also "long and athletic" and watching her rebound and handle the ball in the open court tells me a lot. I remember watching her older sister Tymberlin Criswell who also starred with Malone at The Village and is not putting in work with SMU and I see similarities like the explosiveness off the dribble as well as playing the passing lane but she has scary upside as well 


Others I'll be watching closely are these young ladies because they already GET IT and GET AFTER IT and I'll enjoy all of their progression on the court 

Brianna Kelly

Liana Calderon

Naomi Rodriguez

Autumn Randle 2029