Thursday, January 23, 2020

2020 HumbleISD Tournament


Last Saturday started off like many have in the past, I walk up the table at MS game or tournament and I'm usually greeted by "media doesn't cover MS games" and I usually try and explain yet my words are usually over the recipients heads and as this lady told me years ago "it's your approach" and my response was "I ain't playing golf" but in an age where many would rather believe nonsense and foolishness, I went to do exactly what I came for and that was to see Raniyah Lewis one of the top 2024 players in Texas. Lewis is powerful and explosive at an early age, her upside is unlimited and with her frame, ability to create and consistent midrange, she will make an immediate impact soon after she enters high school and I'm glad she let me know about the event

Torreon Deterville was another bright spot, I saw her progression at PassThaBall's The South Individual Showcase and was pleased to see even more progression at the event. Several other players also stood out like Mychie White along with some I had seen a couple of years ago, like Jayda Woods who impressed  as a 6th grader as well as another young lady, Zachara Perkins who blew me away with not only her growth spurt, both on and off the court but her ability to find ways to score

READ MORE


Several other players definitely stood out, this is why I stress over and over why rosters are important because when my day starts off with ignorance, not to mention cold and wet, I just want to get it over with and leave as I'm SMH out of the door