Monday, September 2, 2019

Oklahoma's Smith sisters shine in Texas at Pass Tha Ball events

Whitney, Aaliyah, Mariah and Destiny Smith

It seems like I've been watching these young ladies forever but it's probably been four or five years but one thing II know is that the Smith sisters from Oklahoma can play and by that, I mean at some level of the next level so let me break the fantastic foursome down from what I saw over the weekend at both The South Individual Showcase and the I-45 Shootout, both events hosted by PassThaBall as they get their very own Tip Sheet



2020
Mariah Smith-5'8 PG- one of the best SHOOTERS in the STATES of both Oklahoma and Texas and her poise is second to none as well as her ability to catch and shoot. The long ball was dropping from somewhere close to that Oklahoma border and taking defenders off the dribble with ease to finish with contact over and over  is something I've grown accustomed to seeing

2022
Destiny Smith-5'7 G- her game mirrors older sisters so much that I used to get them confused, I'm serious and even during the event, their closeness on and off the court had smiling. Destiny also has range, mid to long and is athletic and finishes acrobatically an d she's nowhere near her upside which is scary

2024
Aaliyah Smith-5'11 F- size and strength will be huge for her when she enters high school for a n umber of reasons because she can score in the paint, good hands and footwork, she rebounds on both ends and runs the floor yet her defense, inside and outside, plus her ability to face the basket and score shows she can play outside the paint as well

2026
Whitney Smith-4'11 PG- what is one of the things I say over and over, size don't matter, when you can play and the heat she showed me when I first saw her, didn't even know she was a "sister" had me glued to her game. She understands things now many seniors don't and basketball IQ is very important at her size but she gets "it", terror on defense, handles ball under pressure and can score