Friday, October 12, 2018

Monster 2020 Class continues to become scarier

I remember around six years ago I started ranting about the 2020 class in Texas being one of the best, top to bottom, I had seen since I started covering girls' basketball  before the turn of the century, and unlike many who fabricate what they've done and (or) do, I'm pretty much on the money. Deja Kelly, Sarah Andrews, Jordan Merrit and Deyanna Gaston were a few of the early kids I tagged not only D-1 locks but BCS as well and they hadn't even entered middle school, keep in mind whatever I say is documented and with a second grade level of "googling" you'd see that

Fast forward to the "new era" where elementary school players are being ranked by "experts" with 25 followers on Twitter, who  are self proclaimed as being "the best in the business" and it's sad because this whole thing has taken a dramatic turn for the worse so it's still refreshing to see players and parents that actually get it. I definitely saw an abundance of 2020 stars bursting on the scene or expanding their already impressive games at Austin Elite's Capital City Top Girls Invitational that I had a brainstorm

I'm dropping two Tip Sheets on the HS Division, the 2020 Monster group gets one by themselves, this includes De'Maya Young, pictured above, who has been on fire since I first saw her in the 7th grade, and that will be later this morning so in case you missed the middle school version, click the link below and remember two things, everyone is NOT an expert and I have NEVER been wrong about a player, well three things, it's plenty of BS to be absorbed so watch out

READ MORE