Sunday, February 14, 2010

Texas State vs Lamar


"IF YOU DON"T KNOW, ASK ME"


I've had a great rapport with several of the kids who came out of Houston over the years for a number of reasons. One, I had daughters who mingled well with several of the players and the other, I am sort of a free spirit, which I guess means if I was wealthy, I would be thought of as eccentric, but I'm not, so some think I'm off the chain. Two kids who have been very close to me are the Williams twins, Brandi"Tweet" and Brittney"Moses", pictured above. I remember the first time I met the kids, Brandi was a very hard worker and extremely fast, one of the fastest guards to come out of here. Her desire led to a scholarship at Northwestern State, but had to stop playing due to a medical condition. Brandi is arguably the best undersized big to come out of here. The twins led Spring to the Regional Final Four, back to back seasons, advancing to State their senior year.



MOSES & ME

Brandi led her AAU team to back to back championships at the 10 and 11u AAU Nationals. She was also featured in Sports Illustrated at 12.



Jasmine Henderson, far right was a four year starter at Dulles and helped them to three Regional Final Fours. Ang Green, Silsbee, was one of the top scorers in the state her senior year. Lamar is having a super season with eyes on the NCAA Tournament.


Texas State is rebuilding, they have 9 sophomore and freshmen on their roster. They also have 4 kids from Houston, Venus Kalu, Ashley Shoemake, Dawn Kiel and Diamond Ford. Ford led Hightower to the Regional Final Four last yar, something they are hoping to duplicate.



DAWN & DIAMOND
Texas State is rebuilding and next year Demi Clinch will bring an added offensive weapon.