Thursday, February 4, 2010

22- 4A Worthing vs Sterling

I was impressed with Worthing last year when I saw them against Bellaire, a game in whch they probably should have won. This season, they have lost 3 games, two to 5A schools, Cy Ridge and Chavez, and another to district rival Washington, which they avenged in a 28 point victory the second time a round. They started off slow and sluggish against Sterling however they wound up beating them by 35.



Jenzel Nash was a Chronicle Pre-Season All Greater Houston selection and is averaging around 25 ppg. She led the way with 30, Shirley Mc Gowen added 24.
I like Worthing's style on defense because it's full of energy and athleticisim as they keep coming at you, sending two or three players on the ball, which will frustrate many backcourts in the city.

I was asked by a fan how far I thought they could go and to be honest with you, I doubt if they can get out of here, I also said the same thing aboutYates, however in the playoffs you only have to be the best team that particular game and the pressure that these two teams put on opponents, you never know.