Friday, July 9, 2010

A Premier Event-Part 2




What can I say about Joey Simmons you don't already know? Probably not much, other than the fact that I knew him when my hair was jet black and he puts on a great tournament. I told you the Premier Super 64 would grow last year and once again I was correct. A steady flow of scouts at a great facility with games running like clockwork, plus I got to holler at my boys from Hoopgurlz.com, Kelvin Powell and Chris Hansen.

I take my hat off to both of the Simmons brothers, Joey and Jerry, who are not only great guys but have always been helpful and supportive over the years. Like the Terminator said "I'll be back" Trying to coach, take pictures, edit stuff and work on my scouting service has been stressful to say the least. I'm now in Atlanta, you know, where the "playas" play and I am looking forward to seeing more "playas"!

I'm not finished with the kids from Frisco, I am doing something on the "Rising Stars" some of the other teams I saw and also a share a great talk I had with Gary Blevins, one of the forefathers of AAU in the state. It was great to see Roosevelt Riley, father of OSU superstar All American and now WNBA player Andrea Riley. I had a chance to chat with him and Team Ichiban's founder Gene Watts about the sport, what has happened to t and it's future at this level. I also got a chance to say hi to former NBA great Mark Aguirre. All in all, it was a blast, hopefully some of the kids who attended something like this for the first time learned something and I will put the other info out when I get a chance.


Speaking of "RISING STARS" don't forget to register for our end of month NCAA Certified event, July 29th-31st. http://www.houstoninsiders.com/


I'm trying to get profiles on as many kids as possible and with me, seeing is believing . With that being said, seeing Alexis Jones do some unbelievable things on the court warrants a page just for her, coming soon.


Losing Brianna Taylor, already on Hoopgurlz.com watch list for 2013 hurt our chances, however we hung close to Westside Elite losing 57-52.





Westside Elite and Team Strive 2011 both have talented teams




Seeing my old friends from Austin is always fun, along with knowing anytime I see the HBA Texas Blazers I can yell out loud HERBBBBBBBBBB makes my day (lol)





DFW URBAN ELITE VS INSIDERS 15 BLUE




I always wondered what type of team DFW Urban Elite would be and I got a first hand look as they beat us at the buzzer. The Metroplex is and has always been filled with gifted athletes . The Williams' girls from Harding look to lead their high school team on a run this season while Chelsea Ngo put on a shooting exhibition that should rollover to Clear Brook.


Loaded with size and speed, they gave us all we could handle and then some. NBA star Kurt Thomas has a daughter that plays on Urban Elite. Speaking of buzzer beaters, 2014 Michelle Nwokedi gave us a win with a 25 footer that was nothing but bottom in game one against Team Texas Robertson, which was another exciting game that had their own share of superlative efforts, including #21.




Rikell McWright was showing her stuff off, in fact came up to me after the game and introduced herself.




LADY CARDS VS CY FAIR- PATTERSON





North Shore's T.J Jefferson and Irving MacArthur's Alexis Jones waiting at the line. Both hope to lead their respective high school teams to the promised land this coming season. Public Enemy had a song out what seems to be a lifetime ago"Don't Believe The Hype", well whatever you heard about Jones, believe!




Alexis Durley is one of the top 2012 players in the state. She will be back to lead a strong supporting cast at Dekaney on another run to state while Marissa Coleman hopes to do the same at Cy Falls.




Jones decided to play with most of her teammates the rest of the season and they almost won the whole thing, losing to Tennessee Flight by 4 points in the championship game.



Karen Sanchez had the crowd buzzing with a barrage of bombs from the time lines. How good is Jones? She's one of the best players I have ever seen, simply amazing. More on her later.







SHOWTIME NORTH CHAMPIONSHIP






The Cy Fair Shock and Tennessee Flight have two of the top programs in the country. It was only fitting that these two met in the championship game.



Both of these clubs, with a couple of exceptions are filled with talented players from the class of 2013



The Shock put up a great effort, however the Flight prevailed 51-40. I'm looking for big things from Marley Brown and Christen Inman this season. Inman is also on Hoopgurlz.com Top 100 watch list for 2013.



These teams will probably meet again this month in what should be another great game to watch






Speaking of the Shock, you happen to be looking at the "BIG THREE" from Seven Lakes High School in Katy Texas. Christen Inman, Sydney Buchel and Jade Johnson led Seven Lakes to the playoffs for the first time in school history last season and are the nucleus that will make them one of the teams to beat this season