Friday, November 15, 2013

Chidomere's shooting propels Bush over Kingwood in #FBISDTournament

If you've never seen Crystal Chidomere play, you've missed a treat and when I first saw this long and slender freshman in the Bellaire Fall League I knew she was going to be special. Crystal plays with her hair down and her strides just had it flowing with her gracefulness on the court, that along with five threes stayed with me. I don't know how many she dropped last, I guess I could have looked at the book but she was on fire early and helped Bush hold off a very talented Kingwood team

 I was talking to several people about Kingwood and their players before the game and told them this was not going to be a pushover for Bush yet surprisingly poor free throw shooting killed the Mustangs. Gabbie Stanton and Brooke Jolivet heated up at different times, Charlotte Hodges came in and scored some big baskets but Cheyenne Nickels kept them in it with some back breaking threes, I'm thinking she dropped four

.


Cierra Palmer came up huge down the stretch for Bush with a couple of baskets and OPE Ibrahim recovered on the break and came up with a run stopping highlight block that has me wishing @MaxPrepsRalph had been there to film


This probably shouldn't have been a first round game, both teams are definitely among the top ten but it happens and I was entertained, which is good foor me. On the other hand, Kingwood is now in the drivers seat to win consolation while Cy Ranch will show me just how good they are tonight against Bush at 7:30. I'm going to tell you now, action tonight will be at Hightower and Hopson and if you haven't done it yet, follow me on Twitter, @girlzprepreport and I'll shoot you what I have