Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Suspense builds for Texas Invitational as Manvel defeats North Shore


On paper, me traveling to North Shore to watch the Mustangs host Manvel seemed appealing however with the Texas Invitational only a few days away, I knew I would be seeing a lot of both teams plus I kind of felt like this was not a game I wanted to see. Both teams looked good in the preseason, Manvel survived a scare against Pfugerville, winning by only three while North Shore surprising lost to Bellaire and in the never ending journey of trying to rationalize GBB, it still comes to this, you only have to be the best team that game, in most cases and the scare Flower Mound Marcus put on Duncanville sort of substantiates what I'm saying

Manvel won big over North Shore and this was one of those games that you sort of wonder what effect it will have on the team.  perfect example would be Cy Ranch that dropped their third straight against The Woodlands on what I titled upset Tuesday and since I haven't seen the Highlanders, maybe there weren't any upsets, well at least on the court. Don't fret about Shore or Ranch, come February they will be in the mix, Pearland got blasted by Manvel twice last season in district by 35 and 28 and they made it the area F4 while the Mavericks didn't so it's not what you do, it's when you do it.

Rangie Bessard went off and I know Minnesota Head Coach Coach Barton and staff are truly smiling about her four threes in the first half and finishing up with 24. Brianna Turner had 22 and Jordan Hosey added 14 so the BCS three was on fire and Saturday , the 4:30 game at Phillips, whoever makes it, should be something to see, or should it?


Tuesday scoreboard