Saturday, November 23, 2013

Showdown Saturday at #txinv

Brooke McCarty put on one of the greatest scoring exhibitions I've seen in a quarter and believe me I've seen a couple over the years. Her 18 points in the first quarter got the ball rolling, well bouncing as they jumped out on Bellaire and never looked back. The play Manvel, a team they defeated three times last season however this isn't the same Manvel and even though Mansfield Summit was in striking distance when I got there a wise man reminded me of something I always say. "It's not how you start, it's how you finish"


Yesterday several small guards, both in the Texas Invitational and Aldine  Tournament simply went off. Tasia Forman always bring heat on both ends and yesterday was no difference in their game against North Shore, featuring their small guards, Chasity Patterson and Adriiana Jackson, in fact North Shore played well enough to win and lost by only 9 and  if it wasn't for the play of Keyaanna Smith, not Scott who came up big in the game and HUGE down the stretch, who knows


Cy Woods draws Duncanville in the other Gold semi. Even though Mulkey ain't back yet, Cy Woods is showing they're still a threat, not like a poem on a cold Saturday morning and I'm scratching my head because in their minds, they might thing they can get Duncanville, especially after popping both Dekaney last week and Pearland yesterday by double digits. Let me close with Pearland's thriller over Desoto Friday night
courtesy of PASSTHABALL