Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What separates the players from just playing?


Ann Nwosah has just taken the lead in the first annual GPR HS "Quote Of The Year" and I love nothing more than kids with spunk, especially when they can play and they have heart. DiDi Richards is in a close second because while still in middle school and I was on the Cy Woods to state bandwagon, she told me "hold it up Mr. Simmie"  and after watching them play this weekend, I may just have to do just that

Earlier today, I mentioned Lamar Consolidated had a shot to go to state before, awe just read the story, link

Ann responded to my story on Twitter "awesome, but my state dreams are not gone!!!!! im in it to win it"

This is why I've always admired this young lady, she doesn't worry about the chatter in the background, yeah I cleaned it up, and she's going to battle no matter what. One more time or follow the bouncing ball, "this is what separates basketball players from players just playing basketball"